Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sketching with the Brisbane Urban Sketchers

Sketching at The Brisbane Museum
The Old Museum was originally called the Exhibition Building and Concert Hall. It was built in 1891 for the Queensland National Agricultural and Industrial Association after Brisbane's first exhibition building, which had occupied the land, was destroyed by fire on 13 June 1888.

Lunchtime sketch

Built 1930-31 it is art deco in style features a commanding facade that was designed by the Brisbane architectural firm of T.R. Hall and L.B. Phillips, who also designed the Brisbane City Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...