Saturday, December 13, 2014

MINNIPPI PARKLANDS - Graystone Street side - Brisbane City -- 13.12.14

This Lagoon, is one of the rare surviving lagoons from pre-settlement days when low lying areas around the city fringes featured hundreds of them.(Since white man’s arrival most have been filled in).
There is an abundance of bird-life at these parklands, which bring out the birdwatchers and wildlife photographers. There are also deer here, but I've never seen them myself.

I started off painting this scene.  I was enjoying it too, but the wind flipped my easel twice, so I gave up and wiped it off.
I am considering changing my studio name from Belvin Art, to Grass in my Paint. :-)

Oil on Board
8" x 16"
So, I decided to paint a tree instead, with the easel firmly tied to a post in the picnic shelter

Oil on Board
8" x 16"

14" x 6"
Oil on Board

14" x 6"
                                                                              Oil on Board




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...