The railway reached Toowong in 1875, and by 1876 there was a Railway Hotel across the road from the station. The hotel changed its name in 1884, and became the Royal Exchange.
It is popular with local office workers and also University of Queensland students due to its proximity to the university. It is on the heritage register.
Super morning with the Brisbane City Sketchers