Tuesday, July 12, 2016

MILTON (Park Road)


My day started badly, when the Citycat I was expecting didn't arrive.  The next one along was an express, so I had to wait 20 minutes for another one.  To top it off, it was high tide, so the "Cats" do a go slow as they can't make a wake near private pontoons.  I was horribly late.
I was so grateful to see my friends sitting in the Coffee Club waiting for me, when I finally arrived.  What an awesome bunch they are..

It was a wet day today,  so a few of us found sitting on the verandah of Milton House and sketching, a good option.
I firstly sketched the back of the historic Cooks Terraces


This is the back view of the Historic Cook Terraces.




Cook Terrace, named after the builder Joseph Cook, who erected the terraces in the 1890s.
Originally home to many of Brisbane's professional residents, the building was used by the armed forces during WWII, and then converted to flats afterwards. For many years they were rather unkempt in appearance, but they had a full makeover in 1984. At that time, the interiors were gutted and the building was converted to offices, with a restaurant at the western end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...